Year Round Group Pool Rules
Our "Rules to Live By" at Atlanta Swim Academy
If you have any questions about these rules - or don't understand the reasoning behind any of them - please feel free to call our swim director at 770-973-3120.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the pool area or locker rooms. This is a Cobb county regulation.
- A student should not eat a minimum of 1 hour before their swim lesson. Swim lessons are a physical activity and eating before exercising is never recommended.
- Missed Class Policy: Each student is allowed a maximum of 2 make up classes every 6 months. Make ups cannot be scheduled more than 7 days in advance and must be scheduled within 2 weeks of the missed class. You must call, come in-person, or go online to request a make up for the student's missed class. Make ups are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. We do not offer make ups for any scheduled make ups that are missed. We do not offer credits or refunds for missed classes. Makeups expire when you withdraw and are not carried over.
- A 30-day written cancellation notice is required to withdraw from group lessons. No refunds or credits will be issued for missed classes as a result of failing to withdraw within 30 days of the next automatic debit.
- We have a 2 student minimum to run a class. Management reserves the right to cancel a class if only one child is registered. In the event that you are the only student in a class, we will contact you about other class options.
- Parents are responsible for getting their children to their classes and instructor. We post daily class rolls in the swim hallway indicating the location of your class and the name of your instructor.
- Parents are not allowed to interrupt swim lessons. If you would like to speak with an instructor, please leave your name and number at the counter, or get one of their business cards and contact them via email. This is necessary to keep all swim classes on schedule.
- Diaper Policy: All children under the age of 3, and children not potty trained, must wear a fitted reusable cloth swim diaper while swimming. We offer reusable cloth diapers in our store for purchase if needed.
- No moms in the boy's locker room, no dads in the girl's locker room. We have Family Changing Rooms and single uni-sex bathrooms located throught the facility. We do not allow public nudity in the building.
- No running, rough-housing, or horseplay anywhere in the building - ever.
- We have zero tolerance for aggressive behavioral problems during swim lessons. Aggressive behavior towards other swimmers will result in immediate removal from the pool and from that lesson. Continual behavioral problems will result in removal from the swim program.
- In the case of inclement weather class cancellations will be at our discretion. We will have a message on our phone system regarding the cancelled classes, so please call before you drive.