Swim Team at ASA is a high level competitive swim program that is designed to take any swimmer from a novice athletes and turn them into a champion. We design our groups and season plan in order to prepare every swimmer for a high level of competition.
Swim Team members are expected to participate in swim meets, we schedule 1-2 per month. We believe that by training for competition, Swim Team members will learn and accomplish many things:
- They will learn to set short term and long term goals.
- They will build fitness and strength.
- They will learn to appreciate the value of hard work.
- They will learn to celebrate successes and to grow from failures.
- They will form strong bonds with their teammates and form friendships that last a lifetime.
Our swimmers participate in challenging swim practices that are designed to improve power, endurance, and stroke technique. Our dry-land program is complimentary to our water work, and this is where we build on full body strength and endurance, stability and injury-prevention exercises, and sports nutrition.